This is a very busy week for Grady Elementary. We have our Spring Concert tonight, Teacher & Staff Appreciation events all week, and the Coleman Informational Meeting for fifth grade parents at Coleman Middle School on Wednesday night.
We still need gift card donations for the teacher appreciation raffle on Wednesday, May 9th. Please drop off any gift cards at the front office by Tuesday, May 8th or contact Lauren Fitzgerald at [email protected].
Here are some important upcoming dates to note:
- 5/7 – I love the 80’s Spring Concert - Lenny’s subs will be hosting a Grady Family night from 5-8:00 pm tonight. Please let Lenny’s know you are with Grady and they will donate 15% of sales to Grady
We are excited to see our 1st and 2nd grade students, as well as the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade chorus members perform! Students need to be dressed in their most rad 80’s clothing! Click here for more details and a schedule of the day’s activities.
The PTA General Meeting begins at 5:30 pm and the show will begin at 6pm.
- 5/7-11 – Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/7-11 – Kindergarten Spirit Week – Tacky tourist Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday Mix & Match Day, Throwback Thursday, My Future Career Friday
- 5/9 – Coleman Informational Meeting for fifth grade parents. Please see below for more details.
- 5/14-18 – Grades 1-5 Spirit Week – Sports Madness Monday, Tacky tourist Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday Mix & Match Day, Throwback Thursday, My Future Career Friday
- 5/16 – Dad’s Volunteer breakfast at 7:30 am – This breakfast is for our Grady dads only (students can go to Tiger Trot or can have breakfast in the cafeteria).
- 5/21 – Yearbook Signing and Teacher vs Student Volleyball Game
- 5/22 – 5th Grade Awards Ceremony and Pre-K Graduation
- 5/23 – Awards Ceremony for K – 4th Grade (By invitation only)
- 5/25 – Last Day of School 11:30 am 5th Grade Clap out, 11:45 am dismissal for Pre-K – 4th Grade
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
Our Teacher & Staff Appreciation week starts today! To see the full details and schedule, please click here: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week.
There are many ways you can participate to show our teachers and staff they are out of this world!
- Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 8th is School Supply Day. To view the requested supplies, click here: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week.
- We need gift card donations for the teacher appreciation raffle on Wednesday, May 9th. Please drop off any gift cards at the front office by May 8th or contact Lauren Fitzgerald at [email protected].
- Thursday, May 10th please have your child write cards to their teachers and favorite staff members. A copy of the card was sent home in your child’s folder and is available on the website here: Teacher Appreciation Card.
- Finally, the Blast Off Breakfast is on May 11th. Thank you to all of the families that signed up to bring food!
Thanks for supporting our stellar teachers and staff!
Coleman Middle School
Attention Fifth Grade Parents, Coleman PTSA is seeking committee members, please review the attached link for information. Coleman PTSA Committee Positions. Coleman Middle School is having an informational meeting for all fifth grade parents on May 9 at 6:30 pm at Coleman Middle School, following a general membership meeting at 6:00 pm.
Online yearbook orders have closed. Students that already ordered a yearbook will receive their yearbook the last week of school for yearbook signing. If you have not placed your order, please do so as soon as possible. We have limited quantities available. The yearbooks are available on a first come first serve basis through the front office and you can pay via cash or a check made to Grady Elementary PTA. Soft cover yearbooks are $25, and hard cover yearbooks are $30. For more information contact: [email protected]
Afterschool Enrichment Clubs
We are starting planning for next year’s clubs. Contact Amy Harris and Norma Maiz at [email protected] and [email protected] with any suggestions or to volunteer for clubs attendance/dismissal (discount for clubs is provided to club volunteers).
South Tampa Basketball Camp
Click here to learn more about the South Tampa Basketball Camp run at Grady Elementary by Guidance Counselor Mrs. Nancy Harris. The camp is open to girls and boys grades 1st-9th.
Summer Art Camps at Grady
Click here to learn about the 3 different week long themed art camps hosted by Debonique Grigsby, who is the Grady art teacher. Additional options have been added so parents can choose between ½ day (4 hours) camps or full day (8 hour camps). All sessions are now open to K-5th grade. Space is limited as each session will be capped at only 20 campers.