Thank you to everyone who attended and participated in our incredibly fun Spring Concert last week! Mr. Florio knocked it out of the park and our students did an amazing job in both singing and wearing totally rad 80’s costumes! Pictures are posted here: Spring Concert Pictures.
Thank you so much, Grady Families, for making our Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week so special! We really appreciate your kind donations and time spent volunteering at our school. All of your work makes Grady a more wonderful place. Last week, our teachers and staff were treated to two breakfasts and two lunches. Teachers received massages, gift cards, sweet notes from children and parents, and school supplies. Special thanks to Lauren Fitzgerald who organized the fabulous week for our stellar teachers and staff.
This is an incredibly busy week for us as well. We have the Dad’s volunteer breakfast this Wednesday morning at 7:30am, Grady Summer book swap on Thursday, Spirit days all week for grades 1-5 and our last week of clubs for the school year.
Here are some important upcoming dates to note:
- 5/14-18 – Grades 1-5 Spirit Week –Tacky tourist Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday Mix & Match Day, Throwback Thursday, My Future Career Friday
- 5/14-17 – Last day of afterschool enrichment clubs for current session (Monday clubs end 5/14, Tuesday clubs end 5/15, Wednesday clubs end 5/16 and Thursday clubs end 5/17)
- 5/16 – Dad’s Volunteer breakfast at 7:30 am in the media center – This breakfast is for our Grady dads only (students can go to Tiger Trot or can have breakfast in the cafeteria).
- 5/17 – Grady Summer Book Swap – Help spread the love of reading by swapping a book you loved for another one. Each student will be able to swap one book (although we would love any donations of extra books so that all students can participate). Click on Book Swap for more details.
- 5/21 – Yearbook Signing and Teacher vs Student Volleyball Game
- 5/22 – 5th Grade Awards Ceremony and Pre-K Graduation
- 5/23 – Awards Ceremony for K – 4th Grade (By invitation only)
- 5/25 – Last Day of School 11:30 am 5th Grade Clap out, 11:45 am dismissal for Pre-K – 4th Grade
- 6/1 – Last Day to order Schoolkidz Supply Kit for 2018-19 school year
Schoolkidz School Supply Kits
We are offering the SchoolKidz, School Supply Kit Program for the 2018-19 school year to make your back to school shopping quick and easy! SchoolKidz offers prepackaged school supply kits filled with the supplies requested per grade level (excluding backpack and nap mat). The kits will be distributed in the students' classroom during open house. To see the full list of supplies included with each kit, please click on: Schoolkidz supplies.
Schoolkidz Kits must be ordered prior to June 1, 2018. To order your kit, please go to www.shopttkits.com and enter account #36155. Shipping is already set to Grady Elementary School and there is no additional fee for taxes or shipping to the school.
This is your last chance to order yearbooks before Yearbook Signing on May 21st. Yearbooks are available on a first come first serve basis through the front office and you can pay via cash or a check made to Grady Elementary PTA. Soft cover yearbooks are $25, and hard cover yearbooks are $30. For more information contact: [email protected]
Afterschool Enrichment Clubs
This is our last week of afterschool enrichment clubs. Thursday, May 17th is the last day of clubs this school year. We are starting planning for next year’s clubs. Contact Amy Harris and Norma Maiz at [email protected] and [email protected] with any suggestions or to volunteer for clubs attendance/dismissal (discount for clubs is provided to club volunteers).
South Tampa Basketball Camp
Click here to learn more about the South Tampa Basketball Camp run at Grady Elementary by Guidance Counselor Mrs. Nancy Harris. The camp is open to girls and boys grades 1st-9th.
Summer Art Camps at Grady
Click here to learn about the 3 different week long themed art camps hosted by Debonique Grigsby, who is the Grady art teacher. Additional options have been added so parents can choose between ½ day (4 hours) camps or full day (8 hour camps). All sessions are now open to K-5th grade. Space is limited as each session will be capped at only 20 campers.