Hello and welcome back to school! We are looking forward to another incredible year at Grady Elementary!
We want to thank everyone who has already joined the PTA – we really appreciate it! If you haven’t joined, please fill out the form at https://gradytigers.org/membership-form or download the printable form and turn in with payment to your child’s teacher. The PTA is lobbying on behalf of our children and there is strength in numbers.
Our complete calendar of school and PTA events are posted on the website here. You can also download the dates with iCalendar. We will provide more information as we get closer to each event.
Some exciting upcoming events are listed below. Please click on the links for additional information.
• August 31st - Girl Scouts Meeting at 6 pm
• September 7/8th - Grandparents breakfast
• September 19th – Moms’ night at Kona Grill from 5:30-8:30pm - PLEASE NOTE LOCATION WAS CHANGED TO KONA GRILL
• September 26th – Chick-fil-A art night – We are in need of volunteers to help with the setup/breakdown. Please sign up here.
• September 28th - HCSO Deputy Charity Arthur speaks to Grady parents about internet safety at 6 pm in the media center
We are looking for volunteers to participate on the following committees:
• Fall Festival
• Tiger Trek
• We also need people to assist with after school clubs dismissal. There are benefits associated with this position. Please contact ASE Club Cooordinator Norma Maiz at [email protected] and Moni Sears at [email protected] for more information.
Please contact PTA President Debbie Bresnahan at: [email protected] if you would like to join any of the committees.
To volunteer at school, you must complete the background check first: Background Check Application for Volunteers. Click on the word “Apply” on the left side of the page and fill out the forms (you will need your driver's license number). This background check application is separate from any application to volunteer at Grady. When you do volunteer at Grady, make sure you bring your driver’s license and sign into the school’s computer and log your hours. This is for security and it helps our school because Grady can win awards in connection with the number of volunteers and volunteer hours logged by the school.
The family sponsorship packets are being sent home this week. To learn more about Tiger Family Partnership, please click here: Tiger Family Partners. To learn more about your business being a Tiger Business Partner, please click here: Tiger Business Partners. To pay online by credit card for a Family Tiger Partnership, please click here: Become A Tiger Partner Today, select the sponsorship level and fill in your credit card information. Thank you to our new family partners, the Maheshwari Family, a Bengal-level partner, the Lorenz Family, a Cougar-level partner, and Luke & Ryan Christopher, a Cub-level partner. We very much appreciate your generosity. Because of their gifts, we will all enjoy more free tutoring, arts programs and teacher grants.
If you have any questions about Tiger Talk or any other PTA matters, feel free to contact me, Jannine Neward, VP of Communications at [email protected]