Thank you to everyone who attended our special General Assembly PTA meeting on January 26th! At the meeting, we amended our budget to add a $10,000 expense line item to begin updating technology at Grady.
Here are some important upcoming dates to note:
- 1/31 – Class Pictures & Last day to purchase 5th grade yearbook ads
- 2/6 – Chick-fil-A Spirit night from 4-8pm at 609 S Dale Mabry Hwy. This spirit night will benefit the 5th grade end of year activities.
- 2/9 – Non-Student Day (Florida State Fair Day)
- 2/23 - Jump Rope for Heart & Field Day – Jump Rope For Heart is a fun field day that has kids jumping rope, running and jumping over hurdles and bouncing in a bounce house. In addition to fun, students will learn about heart health and the importance of a good diet. Jump Rope For Heart also has a fundraising component that raises money for the American Heart Association and raises money for athletic equipment for Grady Elementary. You will be receiving detailed information about the program and how to fund raise shortly. If you have any questions about JRFH in the meantime, please email Ms. Murrell at [email protected].
- 3/3 – Grady’s adult only Auction Night at Christ the King. Click here to purchase tickets for our very fun Country themed auction night for only $25 per person, which includes 2 free drink tickets.
It will be a very fun night with a DJ, delicious food and drinks, and lots of great items to bid on to raise funds to update our school’s technology! Some of the fantastic auction items available that evening include a birthday party at The Prep, a beach house rental at Indian Shores, 10 pack of CycleBar classes, and private QB lessons from an NFL quarterback!
If you have any items you can donate for the auction, please contact Julie Alexander at [email protected].
5th grade ads are on sale until tomorrow, January 31, 2018. To buy a yearbook ad for your child, go to: https://gradytigers.org/fifth-grade-yearbook-ads. Please note that ads can only be purchased for 5th graders. Once you have purchased the ad, please send the pictures and text you would like included in the ad to [email protected].
Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure that you purchase your yearbook by March to insure that your child will have a yearbook for yearbook signing day. To buy a yearbook for your child, go to http://www.strawbridge.net/order-online/ and use online code: 112045.
We need your pictures to include in our Yearbook! Parents, please send pictures of the following events to [email protected]: Holiday celebrations, 4th grade heritage, 4th grade St. Augustine Field Trip, K-3 field trips, and pictures from special classroom activities.
Please help us make it another great box top year! Clip and send in unexpired box tops in clear ziploc-style bags, with a maximum of 50 Box Tops per bag. Grady will receive 10 cents for every Box Top collected and submitted. Please send in Box Tops between now and February 23, 2018.