Thank you to everyone that attended our Unlock the Treasures of Reading Night yesterday! Special thanks to all of the guest readers from Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla and the Grady staff that helped make the event possible!!
Here are some important upcoming dates to note:
- 1/22 – Spring Chorus Rehearsals commence for grades 3, 4 & 5. For additional information and to download a copy of the permission form, please click here: Grady Spring Chorus.
- 1/26 – There will be a special General Assembly PTA meeting on Friday, January 26th at 8am at the flagpole in front of the school. We want to amend the budget to add a $10,000 expense line item for technology. Thanks to the success of our Sponsorship program and Tiger Trek, we will be able to update technology at the school.
- 1/26 – Kindergarten Roundup at 8:30 am in the Media Center – Parents, Grandparents and children are welcome to attend the program for incoming Kindergartners. Attendees will hear from School administrators and Grady Kindergarten teachers and will receive a tour of the Kindergarten classrooms. Please share this information with friends who have kids that are eligible to attend Kindergarten at Grady and encourage them to attend. No RSVP is necessary.
- 1/31 – Class Pictures
- 2/9 – Non-Student Day (Florida State Fair Day)
- 2/23 - Jump Rope for Heart & Field Day – Jump Rope For Heart is a fun field day that has kids jumping rope, running and jumping over hurdles and bouncing in a bounce house. In addition to fun, students will learn about heart health and the importance of a good diet. Jump Rope For Heart also has a fundraising component that raises money for the American Heart Association and raises money for athletic equipment for Grady Elementary. You will be receiving detailed information about the program and how to fund raise shortly. If you have any questions about JRFH in the meantime, please email Ms. Murrell at [email protected]
- 3/3 – Grady’s adult only Auction Night at Christ the King. Click here to purchase tickets for our very fun Country themed auction night for only $25 per person, which includes 2 free drink tickets. Please note that tickets sold at the door will be $30 each and will not include any drink tickets.
To donate items for the auction, please contact Julie Alexander at [email protected]
Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure that you purchase your yearbook by March to insure that your child will have a yearbook for yearbook signing day. To buy a yearbook for your child, go to http://www.strawbridge.net/order-online/ and use online code: 112045.
5th grade ads are also on sale until January 31, 2018. To buy a yearbook ad for your child go to: https://gradytigers.org/fifth-grade-yearbook-ads. Please note that ads can only be purchased for 5th graders.
Barnes & Noble Family Reading Night
Thanks again to the families that participated in our Barnes & Noble Family Night of Reading in December. We raised $575.07 during the event, which will be used for our Teacher Appreciation Week.
Thank you to all of the families that submitted Box Tops in Fall. We raised $592.80, which is used for teacher mini grants, student supplies and classroom needs.
Please help us make it another great box top year! Clip and send in unexpired box tops in clear ziploc-style bags, with a maximum of 50 Box Tops per bag. Grady will receive 10 cents for every Box Top collected and submitted. Please send in Box Tops between now and February 23, 2018.
In January, the PTA approved $169 in teacher mini grants for ASD Special Education software that was previously purchased by Hillsborough County, but wasn’t renewed this year. So far, over $6,322.66 in teacher mini grants have been approved this school year.
Home & School Connection
Guidance Counselor, Ms. Nancy Harris, asks us to read the January Home & School Connection.
Thank you again for all of your support. It makes all the impactful things we do at Grady possible!