We have some exciting events coming up! Please click on the links for additional information.
· 10/13-20 - Grady "Wild West Book Fair" in the Kathryn Hance Media Center. Please click on Volunteer at the Book Fair to see the volunteer schedule and sign up. The Book Fair is also online from October 8-21. Click on this link to see learn more: Online Book Fair. If we reach the Book Fair sales goal of $11,000, Media Specialist Nick Tsourakis will be SLIMED during the Fall Festival!
· 10/20 – Grady Fall Festival from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm at Grady. It’s a very fun family night with lots of games, two inflatable play areas and plenty of food. Please click on Fall Festival for more information and click on the Order Form to order your wristbands – they are $20 for 1st Wristband and $15 for each additional Wristband. Today is the final day to pre-order Wristbands.
To make the fall festival successful, we depend on parent volunteers to help run the games and booths. To volunteer for a PTA booth, please sign-up on our volunteer form, or contact the homeroom parent for your child's classroom, or your child’s teacher. Thank you to all of the parents that have already signed up to volunteer.
· 10/31 - Storybook Parade at Grady
· 11/5 – Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally and Silent Auction in support of End 68 Hours of Hunger. Click End 68 Hours of Hunger for more information.
· 11/17 – Tiger Trek Walk-a-thon
Please keep collecting Box Tops for Grady and turn them in to your teachers by October 23rd. If you have any questions regarding Box Tops, please contact Kat Cowley at [email protected].
Yearbooks are on sale! To buy a yearbook for your child go to http://www.strawbridge.net/order-online/ and use online code: 112045. You can also purchase yearbook ads for 5th graders only. To purchase an ad for your 5th grader, go to https://gradytigers.org/fifth-grade-yearbook-ads. Contact Norma Maiz with any questions about yearbooks at [email protected].
Pasta for Pennies benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is beginning on Thursday, October 19 and running through November 3. Pasta for Pennies is the student series fundraising program that helps local cancer patients by raising funds needed to support blood cancer research. Students will receive a flyer and a small box to collect their change (as well as any bills or checks) on Thursday. The classroom with the highest amount collected will receive a pasta lunch from Olive Garden.
To see pictures of Art & Family Night, please click here: Art & Family Night at Chick-fil-A.
Congratulations to Melinda Dickens, Debonique Grigsby and Kim Young, who are being awarded for their commitment to excellence in education!
Melinda Dickens, fourth grade teacher, has been named Grady Teacher of the Year. Debonique Grigsby, Art Specialist, has been named Ida S. Baker Diversity Educator of the Year. And, Kim Young has been named Instructional Support Person of the Year. Each winner has brought their best efforts and utilized their talents to serve the students at Grady.
Guidance Counselor, Ms. Nancy Barra, asks us to read the October Home & School Connection.