We have some exciting events coming up! Please click on the links for additional information.
- 11/10 – Non-student day (Veteran’s Day Observance)
- 11/14 – Thanksgiving Luncheon at Grady
- 11/16 – Great American Teach-in
- 11/17 – Tiger Trek Walk-a-thon This PTA fundraiser was moved to replace the traditional fall fundraiser –100% of the proceeds will go directly to Grady to benefit your children and our school. It's a great way for your child to have fun while they exercise! We are in need of volunteers during the event. Please click on the links to see the full schedule, volunteer or donate on behalf of a student. Thanks to our wonderful sponsors, we have amazing prizes for all of our donors, as well as the top 4 students and top classes.
- 11/20-24 – Thanksgiving Break – No school
- 12/07 – Grady Winter Concert
- 3/3 – Grady’s adult only Auction Night at Christ the King. Click here to purchase tickets. To donate items for the auction, please contact Julie Alexander at [email protected].
Thank you to all of the parents who joined us for our volunteer meeting yesterday! It was great seeing how many parents are willing to sign up to help our upcoming events and insure that they are a success! If you were unable to attend, but would like more information on volunteering, please contact Norma Maiz at [email protected]
We still need volunteers for the following events: Thanksgiving Luncheon on Nov 14th; Tiger Trek on Nov 16th (sorting t-shirts) and Nov 17th (distributing bracelets and waters and cheering on our students); Winter Concert on Dec 7th (chair setup/breakdown); and Barnes & Noble Book Fair on Dec 15th(run the craft table for 30 minute shifts). Please click on the links above to sign up or contact Norma.
The Grady Chorus, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, will continue rehearsals after Thanksgiving Break. As we return to "Early Release Mondays," on November 27th, our chorus time will return back to 1:30-2:30 in the afternoon, with pick up at 2:30 in the front of the school. We will have rehearsals on November 27th and December 4th, in preparation for the Winter Concert on December 7th.
The Reflections Art Contest winners are being announced today, November 8th. We will post a list of the winners and the art submitted next week. Thanks to all of our students that participated!
Parents, if you chaperone a field trip or participate in a classroom or grade level event, please send pictures to our Yearbook Coordinator, Norma Maiz at [email protected], so that they can be included in our Grady Yearbook. You can also send photos from outside events that feature teachers and students.
Thanks to all of the families that submitted Box Tops. We raised approximately $600!!
In October, the PTA approved $1,018.34 in teacher mini grants including privacy partitions, math journals and kits, reading journals, 6 student stools and the 4th grade classroom library grant to create a library of low, mid and high level books for 90 students. So far this year, over $5,000.00 in teacher mini grants have been approved this school year.
Guidance Counselor, Ms. Nancy Barra, asks us to read the November Home & School Connection.