We have some exciting events coming up! Please click on the links for additional information.
- 10/23-10/28 – Red Ribbon week at Grady. Click Red Ribbon for the full list of Red Ribbon Week Activities. As a reminder, Wednesday is “Turn your back on drugs” – wear your clothes backwards and Thursday is our Red Ribbon Poster Contest.
- 10/31 - Storybook Parade at Grady at 8:30am. The PTA will provide a free cup of coffee for parents while we wait for the parade to start. There will also be a donation-only donut sale, which benefits the fifth grade end of year activities. Please click on the link for more information. We will have a PTA membership table set up at the Storybook Parade to help us reach our goal of 100% membership.
- 11/5 – Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally and Silent Auction in support of End 68 Hours of Hunger. Click End 68 Hours of Hunger for more information.
- 11/14 – Thanksgiving Luncheon at Grady
- 11/16 – Great American Teach-in
- 11/17 – Tiger Trek Walk-a-thon This PTA fundraiser was moved to replace the traditional fall fundraiser – there is no food to buy, magazines to order or catalogs to look through. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to Grady to benefit your children and our school. It's a great way for your child to have fun while they exercise!
Packages are being sent home today, October 24th with all of the details. Students can ask family members, friends and neighbors to support Grady by pledging money towards their participation.
For your convenience, per-lap pledges have been replaced by flat donations. However, your walker will still enjoy competing for prizes on the number of laps completed.
October 30th is the last day to turn in money to guarantee a Tiger Trek t-shirt, which can be worn as a spirit shirt during the week. You can turn in money collected through the envelope provided or online donations are accepted here.
- 3/3 – Grady’s adult only Auction Night at Christ the King. Click here to purchase tickets. To donate items for the auction, please contact Julie Alexander at [email protected].
Parents, if you chaperone a field trip or participate in a classroom or grade level event, please send pictures to our Yearbook Coordinator, Norma Maiz at [email protected], so that they can be included in our Grady Yearbook.
Thank you again to everyone who volunteered at the Fall Festival. The event was fantastic and we really appreciate the help from our parents and teachers. Also, thank you to all of our families that attended the Fall Festival! To see some pictures of the Fall Festival, please click here. If anyone has a video of Mr. Tsourakis being slimed, please email it to [email protected] so that we can post it on the website.
As a reminder, due to Hurricane Irma, the following Mondays are going to be regular school days, not early release days: October 30, November 6 and November 13th. During those dates, school will be released at 2:15pm and clubs and chorus practice will run one hour later. Clubs and Chorus will take place from 2:30-3:30pm, with the exception of the Robotics team, which will dismiss at 4:30pm.